Allison is a writer, artist, and filmmaker based on Haida Gwaii.
I'm a filmmaker, writer and visual artist based on Haida Gwaii, where I often use the space between my living room and kitchen as my studio.
Dote Magazine: Piece by Piece, 2016 Spring Issue
5 Awesome Co-Working Spaces
Breakfast Of Community Champions
The Hipster Dating Guide
5 Awesome Community Associations Doing 5 Awesome Things
Container Bar: Reimagining An Unused Alleyway
Nailed It! Calgary's First Tool Library
Experience Calgary's Sidewalk Ballet
Thrive Network CED Writer
- Vecova: Breaking The Barriers To Employment In Calgary
- Leaf Ninjas: Collectively Fighting The Urban Battle For Local Food
- Downtown Food: Making A Habit Of Supporting Local
- How To Adapt To Gentrification & Ensure Community Engagement. A Kensington Story
- The Hidden Value Of Intrapreneurs
- What Do I Want To Do For A Living?
- Calgary Is Buzzing With Urban Beekeeping, Thanks To Eliese Watson
- Mountain Equipment Co-Op: A Thriving Co-Op, Community Engagement Leader & Sustainability Champion
- What Is A Co-Operative?
- What Is A Social Enterprise?
- Good Company: Changing The Way Calgarians Think About Business & Meaningful Employment!
Group Exhibits & Shows
Above / Below - Smithers Art Gallery
Smithers, February 2019
Eyes of Society: Art Traditional Knowledge and the Watchmen of Haida Gwaii - Bateman Centre
Victoria, June - July 2018
Syria Film Festival Fundraiser and Art Auction
Above / Below - Queen B's Coffee House
Haida Gwaii, July 2017
Nature - Queen B's Coffee House
Haida Gwaii, December 2016
Eyes of Society (9:08)
Air Canada In-Flight Entertainment, Selected for the Banff Mountain Film Festival, Explorer's Club Film Festival and DC Short Film Festival 2017
2016 - 2018 Haida Gwaii Arts Council, Visual Arts Chair
2017 Haida Gwaii Museum Fundraising and Art Auction Consultant
2016 All Islands' Art Show Curator
2016 Haida Gwaii Museum Art Auction Coordinator